"Get ready to immerse yourself in the most adventurous riding and diverse terrain on the planet!"
Big Mountain Safari™
All-mountain backcountry sojourn
On one of our flagship custom mountain bike tours we’ll create your ultimate mountainbike holiday in Scotland.
Guided or self-guided mountain bike adventures – the choice is yours – on one of our custom mountain bike tours you can tap into a wealth of experience to create an adventure that’s truly unique. On one of these epic mountain biking journeys through Scotland, you have lots of flexibility:
- Guided (the works). Enjoy the most relaxed or adventurous riding in the most varied locations across Scotland with one of our expert guides
- Self-guided (we supply the full package except for a guide)
- 50 / 50 (Guided & Self-guided)
- Independent (we supply the itinerary; you do the rest)
Tailored for you from a short break mountain biking weekend, through to as long as you desire – you can ride through the most iconic of Scottish landscapes from the Scottish Borders, Cairngorms, Glencoe and Ft William to Knoydart, the Isle of Skye and Torridon and more.
Depending on your tastes and budget, here’s some of the ingredients we can mix to make your ultimate mountain bike adventure in Scotland.
On the big one, you’ll take six individual boat trips, spend a day riding off the gondola in Fort William, sample the finest ales and whiskies in the UK’s best inns and pubs, eat the freshest produce and enjoy the warmest hospitality anywhere, and of course ride beautiful natural trails under some of the most breathtaking mountain tops in Scotland.
Scotland can be a wild place. A place of big mountains, rock faces, boulder strewn trails and some of the best wild riding imaginable. IMBA didn’t give Scotland global superstar status for nothing and on this voyage of discovery you’ll soon find out why! Accessing this remote back country can be a daunting prospect yet it can be the most inspirational and exciting riding terrain there is. It can be a mountain biking adventure that takes you one step at a time until you reach the final, ultimate and iconic routes of Scotland.
- Type of Trip All-mountain guided or self-guided
- Level Tailored to suit your abilities and aspirations
- How Long? As a custom trip we tailor the duration to suit you
- How Challenging? It’s up to you!
- Adventure Factor? Off the Scale!
Book with us and we’ll arrange a personalised itinerary including transport, accommodation, bike rental and guiding too. For self-guided mountain bike tours of Scotland, we provide a comprehensive package. Read on!
Big Mountain Safari™
Here’s what you can expect
- An itinerary created by experts to suit you
- An unforgettable experience and access to some real hidden gems – from curated trails to handpicked, authentic local hospitality
- Professional Guide/s
- Alternatively, if you opt for a self-guided trip – once we’re confident you’ll be okay going it alone – we’ll let you loose in the wilds fully loaded with an action-packed itinerary, GPS files and maps of your rides
- Quality Hotel / Guest House Accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis (self-catering, and more modest options also available)
- Baggage transfers, ferries and private transportation throughout the trip
- Gondola lift passes (*optional)
- Charter boat access to remote trail gems (*optional)
- Mechanical Support
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos (guided trips)
- Join the trip at the location that suits you (please contact us to discuss)