The Crown Jewels™
Come and sample the incredible riding in her Royal Highness’ ‘backyard’; we guarantee every rider will find a gem amid the Crown Jewels™ - the majestic mountains and glens of Angus, Deeside and the Cairngorms.
It feels like we’ve been riding here forever and the mountain biking never gets stale. Better known for its royal residents, it won’t be long before the area’s reputation as a mountain bikers paradise knocks you know who off her throne!
Based out of the picture postcard village of Ballater we spider out in all directions into the wilderness by bike or in the vehicle to pick up ancient drove roads, estate tracks and the rock strewn singletrack that the area is renowned for.
Our Crown Jewels trip is something we’re very proud of – not least because it’s in one of those areas that’s still very much under the radar of the mountain biking public so it comes as a big surprise just how fantastic the riding is, but also because it offers up such a huge variety of riding from expert to relative novice, plus a healthy slice of ‘apres-biking’ too.
- Type of trip: XC; All-mountain and All-mountain+
- Suitable for beginner to advanced riders
- How Challenging is the riding? Due to the sheer variety of riding in the area, this an area where the riding can be pitched according to ability
- Expert Leadership and Professional Guiding
- High quality self-catering hostel or group accommodation (or upgrade to Hotel / Guest House Accommodation including breakfasts)
- Transfers and private transportation throughout the trip
- Mechanical Support
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Whisky Distillery Tour (optional extra)
- Trip video and photos
- Join the trip in Peebles, Edinburgh, Perth or Aberdeen (alternative arrangements may be possible – please contact us to discuss)
***And if you want to arrive in Scotland refreshed and ready to hit the trails, why not check out the incredible overnight Caledonian sleeper train - with prices from just £19 from London Euston!***
Debbie and Nicky are two of Royal Deeside’s newest fans, but if you’d like to hear from them directly, or any of our past clients please just ask – we know that they’d love to regale you with their experiences of riding with us:
“We were amazed at the quality of the single track. It was more ‘alpine’ than many alps trails we have ridden. The feeling of ‘getting away from it all’ and really going on a big adventure – taking bikes where it felt they have never been bikes before! The group size was perfect, any more may have felt invasive on some of the rides. Felt like a group of friends riding together, not a guided holiday.” Debbie Read
“The diversity of the terrain and rides, not to mention the most beautiful landscapes and scenery. You can travel the world and not witness scenery that’s so dramatic and awe inspiring as the Scottish Highlands. Photos don’t do it justice.
We were referred to GO-WHERE by a friend who described their knowledge of the Highlands as impressive. We were not disappointed – the guiding was excellent. Very attentive, aware of the surroundings and environment. Always had a contingency plan of trails if the weather changed. But most importantly, we felt safe – they would never take unnecessary risks, and there were places where you could get really lost without an expert guide.” Nicky Hjerpe