Close your eyes for a second; imagine being transported to a world akin to Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings; add mountain bikes and you’re getting close to the landscapes and terrain we’ll be riding on the Torrid Affair™ mountain bike adventure!
We’ve been exploring this area for 10+ years, and it might sound clichéd but no matter how often we ride in this remote corner of Scotland the sheer scale of the mountains and the beckoning quality of the trails never fail to captivate as we unload the bikes and take our first tentative pedal strokes deep into this magical wilderness.
When we shared this epic place with Danny Milner of MBR Magazine he was smitten after the very first pedal stroke into the glens:
“A torrid affair: The hills around Torridon in the Scottish Highlands are beautiful enough to inspire a holiday romance, with GO-WHERE as our trusty chaperone.”
They voted it ‘Trail of the Year 2011′ after spending a week with us cherry picking the best riding in the area, so come find out whether they were exaggerating or not!
Every sense, every muscle, every skill in your mountain biking armoury will be challenged and rewarded in equal measure as we ride in a landscape where dinosaurs wouldn’t look out of place – the North West Highlands of Scotland are a truly must ride destination!
- Type of riding: All-mountain to All-mountain+ (see our FAQ for more insights)
- Technical ability level: Intermediate to Advanced (you see yourself as a mountain biker)
- Fitness: you’ll be easy about riding four + hours a day on at least three consecutive days (by the time you join this trip)
- How Challenging? Fairly, but the biggest rewards are rarely won for ‘easy’.
- How Long? Scheduled trips run from two days to a week; custom trips – it’s your call!
And as if the opportunity to ride in this remote corner of Scotland wasn’t reward enough in itself, on our week long and custom trips we load up and hop over the sea to the Isle of Skye to take on the might of the rugged Cuillins too!
- Expert Leadership and Professional Guides
- Private fast boat access to remote trail gems
- Self catering hostel accommodation (or upgrade to Hotel / Guest House Accommodation including breakfasts)
- Transfers, ferries and private transportation throughout the trip
- Mechanical Support
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip video and photos
- Join the trip in Peebles, Edinburgh, Perth, Aviemore or Inverness (alternative arrangements may be possible – please contact us to discuss)
***And if you want to arrive in Scotland refreshed and ready to hit the trails, why not check out the incredible overnight Caledonian sleeper train - with prices from just £19 from London Euston to Inverness!***
From £660 per person per week
For shorter tours there’s our range of ‘Dirty Weekends’ from £250 per person!
Everyone who rides with us is asked to review their trip, and these are some of the questions we ask because this is the stuff that matters to you when you’re making the decision to invest your time and money with us:
- So how did we do?
- How would you rate the quality of the trip overall?
- What three things surprised you most about your trip?
- How was the riding?
- How would you rate your guide/s?
Gary and his crew from the USA had this and a whole lot more to say besides:
“…all of your preparedness, coordination, and guiding expertise exceeded our wildest expectations! Excellent!!! A++ Your ability to gauge our desires, abilities, and fortitude at every step of our custom tailored holiday. The choice of eateries…. the food was incredible, the hospitality inviting. The quality, friendliness and flexibility of our host accommodations. Expecting Scotland to be beautiful; the remote vistas were stunning. How did you plan all of those rainbows and waterfalls! Mountain biking??? This was adventure biking at it’s best!! Top notch; fun friendly, and professional!”
And we strive incredibly hard to maintain these standards in every one of our adventures – if you’d like to see what others are saying, or even speak directly to some of our past clients, please just ask because we know they’d be delighted to share their adventure with you!
And for even more insights into our mountain biking trips, check out a selection of videos from our trips or made by our friends: