Soul TrailsComments Off on Soul Trails
Women only yoga & bike adventures
Soul Trails are a brand new kind of Mountain Lassies adventure combining all of our favourite things with one of our favourite people – Anka Martin. Bikes, meeting new ladies to share adventures with, and the fun and flow of Vinyasa style yoga. And all in Scotland of course!
What makes Soul Trails with Anka so special?
- Fun, fun, AND fun! Massive‘WOOP FACTOR’ and no shortage of support and expert guidance
- Have a blast learning from one of the world’s most seasoned riders, racers and adventurers
- Ride amazing places, enjoy amazing scenery, take on new challenges and find new-found flow!
- Ride for yourself – no need to worry about pace or ‘keeping up.’
- Plan for big days and become more mountain savvy – share trail repair tips & techniques, learn how to read the local conditions and terrain (or if you’re already a super-confident all-rounder – come on board and share your expertise with the group!)
- Ease out of your comfort zone – conquer those obstacles and push further
- Bring more fun and flow to your riding with Vinyasa style flow yoga to help you warm up and wind down (no experience needed!)
- Guaranteed good times – have fun on and off the bike and make new friends from around the world
Our exclusive base for the week is set on the banks of a mystical Highland sea loch overlooked by the magnificent giants of Torridon and Attadale. Here, our only neighbours are the salmon breaking the loch in search of flies and the occasional steam train passing by on its way to Kyle.
From here you’ll experience a rugged, wild land of contrasts. Towering mountains, hidden bothies and coastal rollercoasters washed down with a beer (or a dram!) and a hearty meal. The trails have something for everyone to enjoy, from long days out in remote backcountry to technical mountain trails through the glens and passes – retracing the steps of ancient drovers – beautifully rocky, ancient coffin paths to Clachan Church at Applecross Bay, what you won’t quite appreciate until your tyres hit the trail though are the stunning views, the tangible sense of history and the splendid isolation these rides pack in.
After a ride, you’ll find yourself in the warm embrace of our friends at the Applecross Inn and the finest food anywhere before we round off the day uncovering one more scintillating singletrack that somehow the cartographer overlooked.
But it’s not just the magnificence of the Northwest Highlands – on this trip we pick the best rides from Wester Ross, the Applecross Peninsula, Kintail and the Isle of Skye – it’s a veritable feast of trails and Highland hospitality. With so much choice on offer, a week barely scratches the surface, but we hope you’ll leave with a real sense of why this Soul Trail is called the Torrid Affair.
- Type of TripAll-mountain
- Technical Grading +
- Endurance Grading +
- How Long? Eight days (incl. travel) / seven nights
Here’s what you can expect
- Seven days exploring the best trails of the Northwest Highlands and the Isle of Skye
- Professional Guides – expertly trained, hugely experienced but most of all great fun and with a wealth of local knowledge to share!
- Fully trained and registered 400h RYT Yoga Teacher
- Accommodation in a stunning lochside lodge in the heart of the Northwest Highlands
- Healthy breakfasts everyday (for other meals, we’ll enjoy preparing fresh lunches and evening meals together at the lodge as well as dining out on local treats in nearby inns and eateries)
- Logistics and comprehensive support including backup vehicle, First Aid and mechanical assistance throughout your trip
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos & video
- Join the trip in Innerleithen, Edinburgh, Perth, Aviemore or Inverness (alternative arrangements may be possible – please contact us to discuss)
- 22nd to 29th July (exclusively for Mountain Lassies)
- Logistics : A/B/G/T/S
- Price: £995.00 per person
Awesome riding, bike specific yoga classes to help you warm up and wind down, small groups and a cosy atmosphere, great healthy food and nice wine. Curious about this trip, but still not quite sure if it’s really for you? Drop us a line and we’ll talk through the whole adventure with you!