Border Raid1 Comment
One of the most popular short breaks in our growing arsenal of intrepid mountain biking adventures, the Border Raid™ lifts the lid on the beautiful Tweed Valley in the Scottish Borders.
Home to the best loved 7Stanes Glentress and Innerleithen trail centres, in 2009 MBR Magazine set out with us in pursuit of the disused, the forgotten and the remote – and since then the area has become recognised as a mountain biker’s paradise with mile upon mile of the sweetest riding anywhere. Join us on this guided bike adventure and we’ll help you uncover the gems buried deep within the forests and glens skirting the River Tweed!
The Tweed Valley’s riddled with superb riding – what we’ll show you are some of the best natural, off the beaten track trails we love.
- Type of TripAll-mountain A mix of natural backcountry trails and trail-centre link ups to uncover extra special singletrack descents
- Trip GradingCheck dates for specific grading
- How Long? Two days / nights (ask us about longer trips!)
Here’s what you can expect
- Graded Rides Every trip is packed with two superb guided rides (Saturday and Sunday)
- Accommodation Two nights fantastic B&B accommodation right at the heart of the riding (Friday and Saturday)
- Professional Guides Expertly trained, hugely experienced but most of all great fun and with a wealth of local knowledge to share!
- Comprehensive Support Including First Aid and mechanical assistance throughout your trip
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos
- Join the trip in the Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders
2018 Trip Dates
- April 27th to 29th | Level 2+
- May 25th to 27th (Mountain Lassies Exclusive) | Level 2+
- June 1st to 3rd | Level 2+
- August 10th to 12th | Level 2+
If you have different dates, gradings or a longer trip in mind please contact us to discuss opening up a new trip for your group.
You’ll arrive in the Valley (hopefully) in time for a lovely pub meal and a nightcap before settling down for a great night’s rest before the fun begins tomorrow
We’ll rendezvous in the Tweed Valley and over a coffee in the best cafe in the Borders we’ll get to know everyone before hitting the trails for an introduction to our favourite Valley and catch a glimpse at why this area is rapidly becoming recognised as a slice of UK mountain biking heaven.
Saddle up for a ‘three sandwich’ kind of day – the variety of riding here is huge, and today you’ll earn your fill with an epic backcountry mission including some big climbs and equally long descents guaranteed to keep you on your toes.
That evening, you’ll probably give in to the lure of the local pub and enjoy some great grub, a tasty ale and retell tall tales of the big ups and even bigger downs encountered in the Valley.
Five minutes out the door of your fantastic accommodation, you’ll be picking up your second taste of what’s on offer in the Tweed Valley.
With so much riding on our doorstep, we’ve plenty of time for a final dose of singletrack goodness to keep your head spinning for weeks! If your appetite for new adventures still isn’t satisfied then we still have some treats in store, or revisit your favourite spot.
It might be goodbye for now, but you know where to find us next time.
Believe the Hype!
Believe us when we say there’s a whole load more to the Tweed Valley than just the phenomenal trail centres – why else would the Enduro World Series roll into town two years on the trot?!