Border Raid1 Comment
One of the most popular short breaks in our growing arsenal of intrepid mountain biking adventures, the Border Raid™ slingshots riders into the UK’s enduro epicentre – the Tweed Valley in the Scottish Borders.
Home to the best loved 7Stanes Glentress and Innerleithen trail centres, in 2009 MBR Magazine set out with us in pursuit of the disused, the forgotten and the remote – and since then the area has become infamous for its off-piste trails and enduro racing scene. Join us on this guided bike adventure and we’ll help you uncover the Enduro World Series gems and a whole lot more besides!
The Tweed Valley’s riddled with superb riding – what we’ll show you are some of the best natural, off-piste and off-map trails in the world.
- Type of TripEnduro / All-mountain A mix of natural backcountry trails, trail-centre link ups, and technical ‘enduro’ descents
- Trip GradingCheck dates for specific grading
- How Long? Two nights / two days (ask us about longer trips!)
Here’s what you can expect
- Graded Rides Every trip is packed with two superb guided rides
- Accommodation Two nights fantastic B&B accommodation right at the heart of the riding
- Professional Guides Expertly trained, hugely experienced but most of all great fun and with a wealth of local knowledge to share!
- Comprehensive Support Including First Aid and mechanical assistance throughout your trip
- Trail snacks
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos
- Join the trip in the Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders
- + 7th to 9th April 2017
- + 21st to 23rd April 2017 (Mountain Lassies exclusive)
- 5th to 7th May 2017
- 19th to 21st May 2017
- 2nd to 4th June 2017
- + 16th to 18th June 2017
- 30th June to 2nd July 2017
- 14th to 16th July 2017
- 28th to 30th July 2017
- 11th to 13th August 2017
- + 25th to 27th August 2017 (Mountain Lassies exclusive)
- 8th to 10th September 2017
- 22nd to 24th September 2017
- 6th to 8th October 2017
If you have different dates or a longer trip in mind please contact us to discuss opening up a new trip for your group.
You’ll arrive in the Valley (hopefully) in time for a lovely pub meal and a nightcap before settling down for a great night’s rest at your handpicked accommodation – sleep well because the real fun begins tomorrow!
We’ll rendezvous at your accommodation in the Tweed Valley and over a coffee in the best cafe in the Borders we’ll get to know everyone before hitting the trails for a full day of tight, twisty singletrack heaven.
The variety of riding here is huge, and the quality is consistently nuts! When the sun is shining the Tweed Valley’s ridgelines offer riders a commanding perspective of Scotland’s wee mountain biking kingdom. Just as you think you’re getting on top of the riding, we’ll see if we can’t pull out a few surprises to keep you on your toes…
That evening, you’ll probably give in to the lure of the local pub and enjoy some great grub, a tasty ale and the buzz from shredding some of the funnest descents anywhere.
Five minutes out the door of your fantastic accommodation, you’ll be picking up your second taste of what’s on offer in the Tweed Valley. We’ll take it easy on the climbs, keeping plenty in the tanks for the good bits. Tight, rooty, steep singletrack descents are the rewards for some serious climbing!
With so much riding on our doorstep, we’ve plenty of time for a final dose of singletrack goodness to keep your head spinning for weeks! If your appetite for new adventures still isn’t satisfied then we still have some treats in store, or revisit your favourite spot so far to have another crack at that tricky corner. It might be goodbye for now, but you know where to find us next time.
Believe the Hype!
Believe us when we say there’s a whole load more to the Tweed Valley than just the phenomenal trail centres – why else would the Enduro World Series roll into town two years on the trot?!