"Mountain biking??? This was adventure biking at it’s best!! Top notch; fun friendly, and professional!”
Words don’t do it justice…but let’s try. Close your eyes for a second – imagine being transported to a world not dissimilar to Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings. Rock slabs, towering mountains, glens and sea lochs stretching out in front. Just add mountain bikes and you’re getting close to the landscapes and terrain we’ll be riding on the Torrid Affair mountain bike adventure!
We’ve been exploring this area for 10+ years, and it might sound clichéd but no matter how often we ride in this remote corner of Scotland the sheer scale of the mountains and the beckoning quality of the trails never fail to captivate as we unload the bikes and take our first tentative pedal strokes deep into this magical wilderness.
When we shared this epic place with Danny Milner of MBR Magazine he was smitten after the very first pedal stroke into the glens:
“A torrid affair: The hills around Torridon in the Scottish Highlands are beautiful enough to inspire a holiday romance, with GO-WHERE as our trusty chaperone.”
They voted it ‘Trail of the Year 2011′ after spending a week with us cherry picking the best riding in the area, so come find out whether they were exaggerating or not!
And as if the opportunity to ride in this remote corner of Scotland wasn’t reward enough in itself, on our week long and custom trips we load up and hop over the sea to the Isle of Skye to take on the might of the rugged Cuillins too, and if we don’t run out of luck we may even find ourselves sipping a dram on Knoydart in the UK’s remotest pub to toast our adventure!
Every sense, every muscle, every skill in your mountain biking armoury will be challenged and rewarded in equal measure as we ride in a landscape where dinosaurs wouldn’t look out of place – the North West Highlands of Scotland are a truly must ride destination!
- Type of Trip All-mountain
- Technical ability level Solid Intermediate to Advanced (you see yourself as a mountain biker)
- Fitness You’ll be easy about riding four + hours a day on at least three consecutive days (by the time you join this trip)
- How Challenging? You’ll experience every kind of natural trail feature imagineable!
- How Long? Scheduled trips run from three days to a week; custom trips – it’s your call!
Here’s what you can expect
- Expert Leadership and Professional Guiding
- Private boat access to / from remote trail gems
- High quality self-catering hostel or group accommodation (or upgrade to Hotel / Guest House Accommodation including breakfasts)
- Transfers, ferries and private transportation throughout the trip
- Mechanical Support
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos
- Join the trip in Peebles, Edinburgh, Perth or Inverness (alternative arrangements may be possible – please contact us to discuss)
Throw out those skinny lightweight cross-country tyres – this trip is screaming out for sturdy rubber and big volume casings!