"Mountain biking??? This was adventure biking at it’s best!! Top notch; fun friendly, and professional!”
Words don’t do it justice…but let’s try. Close your eyes for a second – imagine being transported to a world of rock slabs, towering mountains, glens and sea lochs stretching as far as the eye can see. Add mountain bikes and you’re getting close to the landscapes and terrain we’ll be riding on the Torrid Affair mountain bike adventure – check out our bike partner’s video and you’ll get an idea what’s in store!
We’ve been exploring this area for 10+ years, and it might sound corny but no matter how often we ride in this remote corner of Scotland the sheer scale of the mountains and the quality of the trails never fail to blow us away as we unload the bikes and take our first pedal strokes deep into this magical wilderness.
When we shared this epic place with Danny Milner of MBR Magazine he was smitten after the very first pedal stroke into the glens:
“A torrid affair: The hills around Torridon in the Scottish Highlands are beautiful enough to inspire a holiday romance, with GO-WHERE as our trusty chaperone.”
They voted it ‘Trail of the Year 2011′ after spending a week with us cherry picking the best riding in the area, so come find out whether they were exaggerating or not!
And as if the opportunity to ride in this remote corner of Scotland wasn’t reward enough in itself, on our week long and custom trips we explore the whole northwestern corner of Scotland, and load up and hop over the sea to the Isle of Skye to take on the might of the rugged Cuillins too!
Every sense, every muscle, every skill in your mountain biking armoury will be challenged and rewarded in equal measure as we ride in a landscape where dinosaurs wouldn’t look out of place – the North West Highlands of Scotland are a truly must ride destination!
- Type of Trip All-mountain
- Technical ability level Strong Intermediate to Advanced (you see yourself as a capable mountain biker)
- Fitness You’ll be easy about riding for four to eight hours on consecutive days by the time you join this trip
- How Challenging? You’ll experience every kind of natural trail feature imagineable!
- How Long? Seven nights / eight days (Saturday to Saturday)
Here’s what you can expect
- A week exploring the best trails of the Northwest Highlands and the Isle of Skye
- Expert Leadership and Professional Guiding
- Accommodation: luxurious lochside lodge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands
- Daily healthy n hearty breakfasts to set you up for the day
- Private transportation throughout the trip
- Backup vehicle and mechanical support
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Trip photos
- Join the trip in Peebles area, Edinburgh, Perth or Inverness (alternative arrangements may be possible – please contact us to discuss)
- 25/04 – 02/05
- 20/06 – 27/06
- 18/07 – 25/07
- 1/08 – 8/08
- 22/08 – 29/08
- 12/09 – 19/09
Throw out those skinny lightweight cross-country tyres – this trip is screaming out for sturdy rubber and big volume casings!