1. We’re the only outfit in the UK that runs women’s MTB trips by women for women. Our guests are always impressed with our female guides which do everything from travel logistics to bike set up, trail repairs, and generally making the trip run perfectly.
2. Our guests are strangers to begin with but they’re good friends by the end of the weekend. #besties
3. The feedback on our last trip was 10/10 for everything: our guides, choice of trails, riding, the food and cosy accommodation in Innerleithen. Ruth Phillips, who was on the trip said it was one of the best experiences of her life. By the end of the trip she was walking taller knowing everything she had achieved over the weekend.
4. The ratio of guides to clients means that everyone is well looked after and means that different ability levels in the group are supported to enable everyone to get something out of the trip.
5. We share our infectious enthusiasm for mountain biking and it certainly rubs off on all our guests. Good banter and a sense of humour is an essential part of the job description!
6. Everyone feels challenged enough to stretch their riding abilities making our guests come away with a feeling that they want to ride more. Everyone’s so proud of their achievements it does wonders for their confidence.
7. They learn new skills and build their understanding of a bike that helps them to ride so much better (like suspension set up, using a dropper post and positioning the saddle in the right place).
8. No one feels like they are holding anyone back. Women encourage and support each other and it doesn’t matter about who’s at the back of the pack.
9. At the end of the day we talk about our best bits, line choices, and basically tell each other how awesome we all are! All over a beer…or two.
10. We make it fun, it’s a holiday after all!
If you want to join us this year we have a a couple of spaces left on our remaining tours.
Look out for more women’s trips in 2018!