Do you want to share your passion for your local rides, your favourite parts of Scotland and your local community? We’re on the lookout for exceptional bike guides for our mountain bike and gravel trips. Passionate, capable, experienced, friendly and confident – up for a laugh and definitely not arrogant – would you like to be a member of our close-knit guiding team?
- valid MBL and/or Level 3 qualification (aspirant trainees also considered)
- valid First Aid Qualification
- valid Safeguarding qualifications
- registered with British Cycling
- experience of guiding / hosting clients (or an appetite to shadow trips and gain the necessary level of experience)
- fun, friendly professional and patient
- passionate about Scotland and two-wheeled off-road adventures
- ‘can do’ confident and flexible outlook
- multi-tasker i.e good planning and organisational skills
- cool head and good leadership i.e. ability to cope under pressure
- able to work with a diverse range of clients
Good Working / Riding Knowledge (of one or more of these areas)
- Tweed Valley
- Highland Perthshire and Dunkeld
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs
- Cairngorms, East Highlands, Deeside & Angus Glens
- Northwest Highlands and Isle of Skye
Go-Where Scotland began as a Scotland-wide mountain bike guiding service in 2008 and incrementally over time we responded to the market and evolved into a specialist Scottish mountain bike guiding and package holiday outfit with a reputation for infusing a distinct warmth, personal touch and Scottish flavour into every trip.
Our clients tell us what we do, and the part our Guides play is exceptional:
“Andy / Aneela, I hope you don’t mind me contacting you directly, but I wanted to take the time to thank you both personally for what was one of the best experiences I’ve had on my bike this last week.
Without going into too much detail, it was a break that I really needed in order to get some perspective back into my life. Living in Peebles and having been lucky enough to ride my bike in some amazing places around the world, I have to say that the trip to Torridon last week with you guys tops the lot. It far exceeded my expectations and I was overwhelmed by not just the riding, but the cultural experiences as well.
I would also ask that you pass on my sincere thanks to Paul and Davy. They are a credit to Go-Where and made me feel welcome and at ease from the start. We had some ridiculous laughs and I’m still smiling as I sit here writing. Both of the guys are first rate people as well as exceptional guides. True legends.
I guess the real reason for writing is to try to express to you all that the trip was more than just a riding experience for me. I am truly grateful for the time taken to pull such an amazing experience together and for the great time that I had.
Lastly, I would like to say that what Go-Where is delivering, is unique and special. It was a privilege to share a small part of what you guys have put together over the years. Thank you.”
Would you enjoy being a part of this?
More and more we’ve recognised the fundamental principles that drive us as humans behind the business, in the business, and everyone we work with. ‘RIDEMÒR’ is the expression of who we are and what we do. We’re a mountain bike tour operator but we’re more than that – we utilise our place in the market and the industry to bring about positive change for Scotland, for our visitors, and for those that do not have the opportunity to experience the physical and mental benefits and sheer joy that riding mountain bikes on Scottish soil can have.
Derived from mòr (Scots Gaelic for ‘great’ and ‘big’), it’s the expression of our passion for Scotland; it’s the impact we and our pool of professional freelance guides strive for in every mountain bike, gravel and bikepacking experience we have created since turning a lifelong hobby into Go-Where Scotland in 2008.
Scotland’s a magical place. For a small country, it packs a mighty punch. It gets under your skin. In a good way. Clients can experience it with our help by tapping into a lifetime’s knowledge of Scotland’s best trails, magical landscapes and sharing and benefitting from the relationships and people we’ve met along the way. Can you be part of our guiding family?
Irrespective of fitness or ability – if it’s two wheels on Scottish dirt, we know the logistics on land and sea to make the very most of guests’ riding time, to connect with culture, the locals and to show the hidden gems, the off-map trails, the best inns, pubs and restaurants with a team of professional guides ready and waiting to help plan our clients’ next mountain bike adventure. If you can bring something to the party (or would like to learn), please get in touch.
Our product range is diverse:
- Day and multi-day guided, self-guided and bespoke mountain bike, gravel and bikepacking adventures in the Tweed Valley, Trossachs, Highland Perthshire, Cairngorms, Royal Deeside and Angus Glens, Lochaber, Wester Ross and the Inner and Outer Hebrides
- Industry press camps and product launches
- Community events and rideouts e.g ‘Afternoon Tea Rides’, annual women’s charity MTB mini festival
- Mòr Diversity projects e.g youth bikepacking trips working with local schools and bike clubs to build confidence and encourage future leadership into mountain biking
- Job shadowing opportunities for those aspiring to be leaders
You’ll be joining a cracking team – possibly even the best in Scotland – to look after guests and share our passion for bike adventures in Scotland. We provide great rates of pay and a long list of bike perks for the right people.