RECONNECT | Easy > IntermediateComments Off on RECONNECT | Easy > Intermediate
Rides for everyone who needs to reconnect with outside
Post-pandemic gravel and mountain bike experiences – beautiful landscapes, clean fresh air and totally stress-free – low-risk guided and self-guided rides for everyone who needs to reconnect with outside when the lockdown eases.
For everyone desperate to get outside and experience nature on two wheels – we have developed a range of post-pandemic cycling experiences in the UK’s most beautiful locations for all abilities which we’ll phase in as it becomes safe to travel.
Very soon, it will be time to stop daydreaming of riding and exploring – easing of the lockdown is on the horizon – and when we’re confident this can be managed safely for all, we’ll be phasing in low-risk day and multi day guided and self-guided rides for solos, couples, families, and small groups of friends, including:
- Cairngorms Connect
- Deeside Connect
- Dunkeld Connect
- Lake District Connect
- Lochaber Connect
- Northumberland & Cheviots Connect
- Trossachs Connect
- Tweed Valley Connect
Coronavirus-related travel and activity restrictions constantly change and we understand your worries that you might not be able to travel as freely as you wish – that’s why our ‘Reconnect’ trips are being offered on a low-risk ‘request to book’ basis.
WHAT DOES ‘LOW-RISK’ MEAN?
- All experiences fully-risk assessed in relation to current pandemic guidance and designed to safeguard the welfare of our clients, staff, communities and suppliers
- All experiences pitched at a low level designed to avoid straining our finite emergency services
- All experiences are created on your preferred dates
- All experiences benefit from risk-free, flexible request to book and penalty-free deferral options
We are a small award-winning independent cycling business and the gravel and mountain bike experiences we operate boost often fragile rural Scottish economies. Your support at this time could make the difference between many rural businesses staying in business, or going to the wall and potentially changing the face of the community forever. Likewise, our amazing team of guides, many of whom you have met, are really suffering right now with the uncertainty and your desire to reconnect with the outdoors can help keep them in a profession they love and one they excel at.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our Reconnect experiences are the perfect opportunity to switch off, breath deeply and enjoy the liberating, simple freedom of riding bikes in beautiful places. We’ll be tailoring every experience to suit your needs because when we all emerge from this pandemic crisis, you may wish us to add a few special ingredients to enhance your ride:
- Find out how to get the most fun out of your bike (and yourself!)
- Include some relaxed, fun, informal training or a structured coaching and fitness plan
- Hone your skills with the help of our professional guides and coaches
- Enjoy an introduction to bikepacking and preparation for a successful bivvy
- Get to grips with essential navigation
- Watch and learn the fundamental mechanics for a trouble-free ride
- Indulge in some risk-free ‘big mountain’ preparation for future adventures
Over the last 12 years you, our customers, have been at the heart of our business in our mission to share our passion for the inspiration, spirit and value of wild places. Let’s all reconnect soon and we hope that you, our valued friends and customers, will travel with us shortly. Bear with us whilst we monitor the situation and finalise the new programmes – please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to know more in the meantime.