"Mountain biking is more than a sport - everyone deserves to experience it!"
It’s our firm belief everyone deserves to experience the joy of riding bikes and the far-reaching benefits this simple activity bestows. Opening up the ride for everyone is Aneela’s mission with ‘Mòr Diversity’.
You may already know Aneela as partner of Go-Where Scotland; she’s a core member of the guiding team and drives our ‘Mountain Lassies’ programmes (you can meet her in the video below). Whether she’s leading tours in the incredible landscapes of Scotland or rallying people from all walks of life to swing a leg over a saddle – she brings 20+ years as a Diversity and Inclusion professional into everything she does.
Aneela is passionate about encouraging people from all walks of life to ride bikes and she works with individuals, organisations and the cycling industry to encourage wider participation. She works tirelessly to increase diversity in mountain biking and firmly believes that mountain biking is more than a sport – she’s a champion of the wider benefits of mountain biking in building confidence, strength and resilience in everyday life.
Diversity in Practice
With 20 years+ diversity and inclusion experience, Aneela is particularly interested in diversity and wellbeing; women in MTB leadership; diversity role models; young girls in sport and promoting mental health.
She offers training and workshops; inspiring talks and presentations; diversity audits; participation and engagement activities as well as professional advice and consultancy.
- Galashiels Academy Girls Bikepacking Bothy Project with the Adventure Syndicate
- ‘Bothy Bike Tales’ in association with the Audacious Women’s Festival
- Scottish Ethnic Minority Women in Leadership Award winner
- Blogger for Juliana Bicycles
- Voted Top 100 Women in Cycling 2018
- Keynote speaker at Cycling UK’s Women in Cycling Conference
- Keynote speaker at Juliana Bicycles USA Ambassadors Event
- ‘Diversifying the Ride’, speaker at DMBinS Scottish Mountain Biking Conference 2018
- ‘Wise Words‘ feature in Wideopen Magazine
- Bike Biz feature ‘Growing in the Right Direction’ (p19)
- 20 years+ Diversity and Inclusion experience in Scottish governance and Higher Education
- 10 years+ running Go-Where Scotland
- 5+ years professional MBL/Level 3 mountain bike guide
- Secretary of Tweed Valley Trails Association
- Masters Degree, Equality, Diversity and Discrimination
- Personal Fitness Trainer
Get in Touch
Aneela would love to hear from you on all things diversity and inclusion. Get in touch by email: email@example.com or phone/WhatsApp: +44(0)7713152855.